The Republican Party “is on the verge of permanent irrelevance if we fail to come together to correct course,” a letter signed by 27 GOP mega donors says. The donors believe that a course correction is only possible with a change of leadership, and as such, they are “calling on members of the RNC to thank Ronna McDaniel for her service and to support the only RNC member seeking to succeed her, Harmeet Dhillon—a bold visionary with the energy and experience to retool the party for success in 2024 and beyond.”
The scathing letter calls out the losses under current chair Ronna McDaniel, and more:
We cannot continue on our current trajectory as a Republican Party. We must change, in order to fulfill our promise to Republican voters to win elections. After three consecutive losing election cycles and decades of a handful of consultants plundering Party resources, many members of the RNC seem content to double down on the incumbent leadership that is presently failing us. The once great Party of Lincoln is on the verge of permanent irrelevance if we fail to come together to correct course.
The Republican Party currently faces the most organized, radical, and weaponized Democrat Party the nation has ever seen. Despite this clear and present threat to our freedom, the highest levels of the Republican National Committee appear to be more focused on blaming others for their lack of leadership and lining the pockets of cherry-picked consultants than on winning elections.
The donors who signed the letter are:
- Joy Ashlock (Chuluota, FL)
- Agnieska & Witold Balaban (New York, NY)
- Marianne Bourgeois (Lafayette, LA)
- Leila Centner (Miami, FL)
- Jackie & Doug Deason (Dallas, TX)
- Ambassador Alfred Hoffman Jr. (Jupiter, FL)
- Mary Catherine & Don Huffines (Dallas, TX)
- Sherry & Joe Hurt (Odessa, TX)
- Laine & Greg Lansing (San Diego, CA)
- Lisa McMurray (Odessa, TX)
- Dave Moore (Dallas, TX)
- George O’Neill Jr. (Lake Wales, FL)
- Leandro Rizzuto Jr. (Boca Raton, FL)
- Bubba Saulsbury (Odessa, TX)
- Bill Scrogins (Jacksonville, FL)
- Dr. Bob Shillman (Rancho Sante Fe, CA)
- Joy & Jeffrey Spragens (Fisher Island, FL)
- Lewis Topper (Jupiter, FL)
- Robert Zarnegin (Beverly Hills, CA)
- Barbara & Les Zellan (New Braunfels, TX)
McDaniel issued her own endorsements from a group of seven mega donors last week, who’ve given a total of $14 million to the RNC during her tenure. She did not mention, though, that three of the seven donors own companies with RNC contracts, including the RNC’s highest-paid telemarketing and GOTV phone call contractor, and that companies owned by the three donors have been paid more than $35 million during that same time frame.
Numerous state Republican party committees have held votes of no confidence in McDaniel; the Alabama Republican Party’s vote was announced Monday.
(NOTE: Harmeet Dhillon, represented RedState Managing Editor Jennifer Van Laar in a lawsuit filed by former Rep. Katie Hill, who resigned her post after Van Laar wrote a series of articles detailing Hill’s abuse of her staff. Van Laar has publicly endorsed Dhillon in the RNC chair race.)
Trending on Redstate Video