Daily Mail: Biden asks Congress for more than $37 BILLION in emergency aid for Ukraine and $9.5 billion to prepare for a COVID winter surge: Republicans have warned they won’t back ‘blank checks’ for Kyiv in the majority
* Biden has asked Congress for funds as it enters post-election lame duck session
* Ukraine and COVID aid would be in package to fund government into next year
* GOP leader Kevin McCarthy has warned they could scale back Ukraine aid
* Huge package includes military, intelligence and humanitarian funds
* Congress has already provided $66 billion to Ukraine since the invasion
* Was announced amid reports Russian missiles landed in Poland and killed two
President Joe Biden is asking Congress to provide more than $37 billion in emergency aid to Ukraine, despite Republican warnings there won’t be a ‘blank check’ for Kyiv when they are in the majority.
The administration’s funding request, which comes as lawmakers begin their post-election session, also seeks $9.25 billion in COVID-19 funding to prepare for a possible winter surge and help combat the virus nationwide.
The Ukraine and COVID aid would be part of the package to fund the government through the end of September 2023. The deadline for a deal to be reached is in December.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: A lame-duck Congress being asked to provide more than $37 billion in emergency aid to Ukraine. When will this stop?
Here is an easy prediction. This $37 billion, if approved in the next month or two, will be gone by April.
White House To Ask Congress For More Than $37 Billion In Additional Emergency Aid For Ukraine
White House requests $38 billion more in Ukraine aid — Defense News
White House asks Congress for more than $37 billion in new Ukraine aid — Washington Examiner