Moscow Times/AFP: Moldova Separatists Say Foil Ukraine-Backed ‘Terror’ Attack
The leader of Moldova’s breakaway region said on Thursday that his government would appeal to the UN Security Council to probe a “terror” attack and ensure the security of Transnistria.
Pro-Russian authorities in the region earlier on Thursday accused Kyiv of planning such an attack, fueling fears of a spillover of the Ukraine conflict.
“I have already instructed the foreign minister to prepare appeals to all members of the UN Security Council,” Transnistria leader Vadim Krasnoselsky told residents in a live broadcast, adding it was important to “look into this situation and ensure our safety.”
He claimed that members of Ukraine’s SBU security service were involved.
Read more ….
Update: Moldova separatists say Ukrainian plot against leader foiled (Al Jazeera)
WNU Editor: Ukraine is denying these reports …. Transnistria: Ukraine denies attempt on Moldova separatist leader (BBC).